Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Santa Baby

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

-Marilyn Monroe

I find it interesting that people quote things that Marilyn Monroe said. She wasn't exactly a dignitary, politician, philosopher or anything of that nature. She was an actress. Yet I read this quote and I liked it a lot so I decided that I would share it.

I feel like I am at a turning point in my life right now. Last year I went through a lot of changes. And by a lot I mean A LOT! I didn't exactly handle the changes very well which in turn led me to be someone I wasn't. But I am over that stage in my life now and I feel I am moving on. Maine def. helped :). I am relating a lot to the "sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together," part of M.M.'s quote.

Um, this post wasn't very funny which is kinda sad because I am typically a very funny person. I apologize for the unfunniness of this quote and promise to have a laugh out loud hillarious post next time!

1 comment:

Jessi said...

whoa...two blog updates in one week. whoa. love the quote! i am stealing it and putting it on my blog too. i'm glad you were able to get away from the hoopla and spend some time in Maine.