Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Whenever I think I need a therapist..."

So the other day at work we were talking about President Gordan B. Hinckley and how awesome all of his talks were. This came up because I came across a quote from him that I absolutely loved. It goes:

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around and shouting that he has been robbed. The fact of the matter is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

Pres. Hinckley Evening with a General Authority, September 1980

I love this quote because it is almost exactly what I needed to hear right now. So I read this to my co worker and then proceeded to tell her, “Whenever I feel like I need a therapist I wish President Hinckley could be my therapist.” She got a kick out of it. Apparently her favorite part of it was, “Whenever I feel like I need a therapist…”


My therapist.

6 comments:

Taren said...

I don't like being referred to as "my coworker".

Leah said...

I love that quote. And I LOVE that picture of President Hinckley.
I literally laughed out loud when I read that line, too! "Whenever I feel like I need a therapist..."
Haha oh Megan, I love you.

Jessi said...

i cannot describe my giddiness when i saw a new post. and what a good one at that. made me laugh. perfect quote!

Taren said...

one kudo for you

Anonymous said...

Bravo, seems to me, is a brilliant phrase

Anonymous said...

Hi all

Another newbie here. I've joined on the recommendation of a friend on here. Looks like there are lots of interesting threads.
I love gardening and messing about with the camera so you should see me joining in with those for starters.

Look forward to 'meeting' you all, Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]My Online Payday[/url] website!