Monday, October 27, 2008

I Want the World, Nothing Less

This weekend was pretty fun. But the highlight of it was definitely Friday night… HSM 3!!! I totally had 20 seconds of screen time!! (Okay the back of my head had about 15 of those seconds and my face had about 5… but I’m still IN HSM 3!!)

Let me paint a picture for you:

7:20 the lights go down. Everyone’s hearts are beating in anticipation. The previews start to roll and wala! One of the previews is Zac Efron’s new movie ‘Seventeen’ which will be making its big screen debut on April 17, 2009. I can’t wait. There was many a hushed scream when we saw his face up there. The previews keep going until they finally ended. Then a big “HSM 3” rolled across the screen followed by a close up of Zacs face… all sweaty and worried looking. The theater erupted in screams and applause! It was amazing! Steph and I let out our own little squeals of delight at seeing our favorite actor again.

The whole movie was amazing! It really was about 100 x better than I had expected. The music was amazing! (I immediately ran to Wal Mart after and bought the sound track.) The dancing was to die for! Sure there were a few things that were a little cheesy but come on it’s Disney and made for pre-teens (Even though I’m sure they are very well aware that there are many of the older generation that are just as obsessed.)

There is one song called “Can I Have This Dance,” that Troy and Gabriella sing to each other and I have been listening to it on repeat for the past couple of days. It is sooo cute!! Really mushy and really cute! Here are some lyrics. Enjoy.

~Take my hand, take a breath, pull me close and take one step. Keep your eyes locked on mine and let the music be your guide.

It’s like catching lightning; the chances of finding someone like you. It’s one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do. And with every step together we just keep on getting better. So can I have this dance? ~

Anyways go see HSM3 if you have the chance!! You won’t be disappointed!


Then Saturday I went to the BYU Football game. It was really close which was pretty disappointing. We used to be good, what happened? Letting UNLV almost beat us? Not good. Both of the teams defenses were not exactly great. Oh well. One highlight of the game: they announced the 2008-2009 BYU Basketball Team line up! And Jackson Emery is back! Yay! Hopefully the last two years didn’t drain him of talent : ) And next year Tyler Haws (Also from Lone Peak) will be playing there. Exciting.


Then I: went to dinner at Applebees, went to The Scream Asylum, went home, watched USC, went to sleep, woke up, went to church, went to my parents house, went to Devin’s sisters house, went home and did nothing. Great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Megan, you and your Zac Efron. :) Haha I love it.
I love that you mentioned Jackson Emery! He just married a girl I work with, Cherese, at the beginning of September...I met him at their reception and he is absolutely one of the nicest guys ever.

Megs said...

Yeah he went to Lone Peak with me. He is way sweet. That's cool... I heard he got married :)

And yes I love love love Zac!!!