Thursday, October 23, 2008

Two Pirates and a green Fairy

So my family was in California the other day and we just so happened to make it to Disneyland. (Basically my second favorite place on the earth. The beach being the first.) We were standing in line for one of my favorite rides, *Space Mountain, when my dad said to me “Megan you should start a blog. I think you would be a good blogger.” I laughed and proceeded to tell him that I actually have my own blog… and have had it for about a year now. I think he felt a little sheepish. But I guess it really is my own fault because I don’t tell too many people about my blog. Woops.

California was amazing but also a little weird without my brother Andrew. Thankfully next year when we go Andrew will be with us. Actually next year when we go on a Disney Cruise Andrew will be with us (hint hint cough mom cough cough.)

Some of my favorite things at Disney Land this year were:

  1. The hot chocolate that we got every night that burned my tongue… every time.
  2. Riding around in a wheel chair one day because I had hurt my ankle.
  3. The Parade of Dreams
  4. Peter Pan by myself
  5. How they have incorporated Johnny Depp into the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
  6. How we went over UEA which has been coined “Utah’s Exodus to Anneheim.” That means that Disneyland was packed with a bunch of Utahns. Everywhere I looked there was either a BYU shirt, UVU shirt or Utah shirt.
  7. The firework show… Seriously Disneyland has the best fireworks EVER!
  8. Not looking into ‘the eyes’ on Indiana Jones.
  9. Captain Jack Sparrow actually passed me.
  10. Sleeping in a wheel chair while my family waited in line for Splash Mountain. Awesome.

Here are some pictures to show you how awesome the trip was!


My dad photoshopped my brother into a few pictures. When I saw these I laughed hysterically. It is amazing!! He was totally there with us in spirit!!


Me in a wheel chair. I really did hurt my foot! I wasn't faking it! And walking was really really hard! And since thats what you do 99.999% of the time at Disneyland I needed a wheelchair. Yes it was a must!!


Us on the Matterhorn roller coaster. I had to make sure that I made it into the picture :) And my brother is again photo shopped in. I love it, his head is sticking out from no where. Amazing.


Space Mountain. Me doing Peace Signs. Need I say more?


* Space Mountain is not my only favorite ride at Disneyland. I have many. Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Jungle Cruise (They have really lame jokes that have never changed.) etc.

2 comments:

Brian said...

It was a really fun time - even pushing you around in the wheel chair :)

Debi Wolsey said...

So i read your blog....it only took me like and hour! And that didn't include reading any past blogs. Boy do you have a lot to say! I hope the Russia thing in the mermaid fins works out for you. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone using that form of transportation to get to Russia, but there is always a first!

Also we all know that is not how the spider thing really ended....